To become a member of Liverpool Yacht Club, please complete the membership form and submit the appropriate payment.
By applying to join LYC you are agreeing to observe and abide by the Club rules and constitution which can be found in the ‘About‘ area of this site.
Benefits of Joining LYC:
- A doorway into the exciting world of sailing on the Mersey and beyond.
- Access to our sailing programmes, including racing, cruising and dinghies.
- Opportunities to join in our skills and training programmes.
- Knowledgeable guidance and support.
- Joining in our social activities.
- A voice in the running of the club and votes at the AGM (subject to qualifying membership category).
- The right to stand for election as a club officer.
Membership Types and Costs:
Ordinary Member – £90 per year
Able to vote in AGM. Age 18+ with an interest in sailing
Family Membership – £135 per year
A cohabiting family unit including 2 adults age 18+. Each adult able to vote in AGM
Junior Member – £35 per year
Age between 18 & 25 on 1st January and in full-time education
Cadet Member – £35 per year
Age between 11 & 18 on 1st January. Not the child of an existing member
Social Member – £40 per year
Age 18+. Not involved in club sailing activities or administration
Family Cadet/Junior – Free
Children and/or grandchildren of either Ordinary or Family members.
Cadet – aged 11-18 on 1st January
Junior – aged 18-25 on 1st January and in full time education
Online bank transfers are our preferred payment method (contact us for details).
Should you choose to pay for your membership by cheque, we will let you know where to send this upon receipt of your application.
If you have any questions about joining or the club please contact the Membership Secretary via our Contacts page.
To the Management Committee
Please accept my application to join Liverpool Yacht Club. If elected, I agree to observe and abide by the Rules and Constitution and acknowledge that these are regularly reviewed and subject to change.